This is for those Anthem users out there. I will be conducting a workshop on how to improve your sound systems by making changes to the parameters in the ARC:G. Yes, those system wide changes like Room Gain, Deep Bass Boost, freq tilt, high-freq roll-off, subwoofer settings etc. This workshop will touch on various advanced settings that you wish you know what it does and how it affects the bass and the overall sound stage etc.
Unfortunately, I did not receive any DM from any member willing to open up his place for me to conduct the workshop and I can understand that. Hence I will open up my place instead but limited to 2 pax (max) due to my small room.
What is required?
- Bring along your .arc file in a thumb drive so that I can load it up into the ARC:G and go through with you some of the recommended settings that you can change to make your system sound better.
- To ensure the session will turn out to be fruitful, you will need to do your part in ensuring that your HT setup adheres to the best practices that have been discussed over the years - e.g. proper speaker layout, placement of subwoofers etc are key.
How long is the session?
- Around 2 hrs, of which 30 mins or so will be catered for demo, the remaining time will be imparting my knowledge to you.
Can you guarantee after this session, my system will sound 100x better than before?
- Let’s be real, there is NO WAY I can guarantee that since there are a myriad of factors involved. The fundamentals of a proper home theatre setup is a “must”. What this session can do for you is to acquire the knowledge on how to play with this advanced settings with more confidence. Anthem is a company that rarely reveal the “secret sauce” to their proprietary room EQ but I have managed to pick up a couple of tips and tricks that can truly make a difference to the sound. Hopefully what works for me, will work for you as well.
When is the workshop and how to sign up?
- Majority of the sessions will be conducted every Sat unless stated otherwise in my PM. There will be 2 time slots but only one session per week. It is either late morning from 10.30am - 12.30pm or late afternoon from 2.30pm - 4.30pm. Depending on my schedule, I may stretch the time beyond 2 hrs if I can. This is a FREE session, just drop me a DM and I’ll forward you my address.
I don’t have an Anthem now but I will like to have a demo, possible?
- Sure you can.