All Zappiti related

Let’s wait for a real world review…especially on the UI. And yes I agreed, it is too expensive for a media player.

Tech specs looks like the same as signature series. :thinking:

His everyone, I just wanted to pick this thread up because of something noone here has mentioned about the new Zappiti devices. They appear to make the dual bay a premium feature, only on the Signature and Reference, meaning you need to shell out over £1k for 2 bays.

That’s pretty poor value, the 4kHDR pro had 2 bays as did the Duo. I have the Duo but really need to upgrade to better hardware (UI being sluggish in the main). The issue is that if I get the Neo, I would need to invest in a 16Tb hard disk which is basically enough to maintain my 2 x 8Tbs.

From a price point of view, I’m better of getting the next model up rather than buying a new hard drive which is about £400. Also, its actually very hard to find 16Tb hard disks which are 5,400rpm (ie quieter). Makes no sense to spend £400 for the same capacity though.

However, from a price point, £1,200 for this is absolutely ludicrous.

I was thinking of jumping ship altogether to Zidoo; the UHD3000 which has comparable specs to the Neo, if not the exact same at the same price, but with two bays. I have never used Zidoo and am worried the UI will be rubbish. Does any one have this device and can you share your views on the UI?

Better still if anyone has used both systems, can you say whether the UI on the Zappiti is a lot better or comparable?

Thoughts gratefully received!

Regards

Iqbal

I’m an owner of both the brands…currently using Zidoo UHD3000. Zappiti has the worst UI interaction I have ever used. Clunky and slow navigation to the extent that I decided to sell it. But when it comes to image quality, Zappiti is the better of the bunch. The difference back then is the chipset being used - one from Sigma and the other Realtek. Now both utilize the same RTL1619DR chip for image processing - DV, HDR, HDR10+…the only difference lies with Zappiti’s proprietary Pixelmagic engine that is better in making 1080p content to look nearly as good as 4K.

I prefer to let my display do the video processing and any form of scaling for 1080p to 4K. As you’ve mentioned, the price of Zappiti is ludicrous…Zidoo is a better buy in terms of price-to-performance ratio. I’m Asian and my movie content contains HK, Taiwan and PRC titles which I require my movie scrapping engine to be able to pick up those titles in my library, hence there is some user bias from my part.

The choice is yours to make…

Thanks a lot Desray that’s really helpful. Its certainly true that Zappiti’s upscaling is pretty flawless. I have a good OLED TV which upscales so I’m not sure if it will make a massive difference with/without Magic Pixel. One thing I didn’t quit get was: you’re using the UHD3000, so are you saying that with the new chipset its as good as Zappiti or not as good?

I think for me even if performance on paper is not as good as Zappiti, its just not worth £1k plus for this sort of device.

Thanks for replying!

I’m saying both now utilize the “same” RT1619DR Realtek chipset…the only edge for Zappiti is probably the PixelMagic engine and I can’t comment how good the PixelMagic engine will perform on the latest models but I will not recommend Zappiti simply because of the exorbitant price to pay for a media player.

1 Like

Comparison of Zappiti Models

1 Like

Just saw this yesterday , great sharing. Easier to see

Well there’s a price to pay for the French <40hrs work week and work life balance.

Unboxing of Zappiti Signature

1 Like

Here are comparative pictures of the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR vs Zappiti Reference. In comparison with the old top-of-the-range Zappiti Pro 4K HDR model, the Zappiti Reference offers much more dynamics, deeper and more precise blacks, sharper details, a less noisy image with a better displayed film grain, tints more natural and more vivid colors.

Having the same RTL chipset as the more affordable Zidoo Z9X coupled with its proprietary pixel magic engine, I have no doubt Zappiti media player produces some of the most amazing PQ. But my only gripe with Zappiti is the slow user interface and scraping algorithm which is targeted at the EU market. Add this all up, I’ve to sell off my Zappiti mini 4K HDR a few years ago.

2 Likes

I was tempted for the signature series but held back to it. Because already have the zidoo z1000pro. Maybe when they have their hdmi 2.1 out, I might grab an Zappiti for it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Based on this YT review, I’m pretty sure the laggy interface and the frustrations with the scrapping still exist after all these times…

Source from zappiti site on HDD noise

As we have not found a complete hard drive noise comparison on the Internet, we have compiled our own list based on manufacturers’ data, at the request of Zappiti users.

HDD Noise Comparison List:

WD Blue 1TB: 30 dB (seek) / 29 dB (idle average)
WD Blue 2TB: 27 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Blue 3TB: 27 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Blue 4TB: 27 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Blue 6TB: 28 dB (seek) / 25 dB (idle average)

WD Red Plus 1TB: 25 dB (seek) / 24 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 2TB: 27 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 3TB: 27 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 4TB: 27 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 6TB: 30 dB (seek) / 25 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 8TB: 30 dB (seek) / 27 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 10TB: 38 dB (seek) / 34 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 12TB: 29 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Red Plus 14TB: 29 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)

WD Red Pro 2TB: 31 dB (seek) / 29 dB (idle average)
WD Red Pro 4TB: 36 dB (seek) / 29 dB (idle average)
WD Red Pro 8TB: 36 dB (seek) / 29 dB (idle average)
WD Red Pro 10TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Red Pro 12TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Red Pro 14TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Red Pro 16TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Red Pro 18TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)

WD Purple 1TB: 22 dB (seek) / 21 dB (idle average)
WD Purple 2TB: 24 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Purple 3TB: 24 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
WD Purple 4TB: 28 dB (seek) / 25 dB (idle average)
WD Purple 6TB: 28 dB (seek) / 25 dB (idle average)
WD Purple 8TB: 29 dB (seek) / 27 dB (idle average)
WD Purple 10TB: 29 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Purple 12TB: 29 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)

WD Purple Pro 8TB: 29 dB (seek) / 27 dB (idle average)
WD Purple Pro 10TB: 38 dB (seek) / 34 dB (idle average)
WD Purple Pro 12TB: 29 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Purple Pro 14TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Purple Pro 18TB: 27 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)

WD Gold 1TB: 28 dB (seek) / 25 dB (idle average)
WD Gold 2TB: 28 dB (seek) / 25 dB (idle average)
WD Gold 4TB: 36 dB (seek) / 29 dB (idle average)
WD Gold 6TB: 36 dB (seek) / 29 dB (idle average)
WD Gold 8TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Gold 10TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Gold 12TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)

WD Ultrastar 16TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)
WD Ultrastar 18TB: 36 dB (seek) / 20 dB (idle average)

SEAGATE Ironwolf 1TB: 23 dB (seek) / 21 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf 2TB: 19 dB (seek) / 21 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf 3TB: 25 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf 4TB: 25 dB (seek) / 23 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf 6TB: 28 dB (seek) / 27 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf 8TB: 28 dB (seek) / 27 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf 10TB: 32 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf 12TB: 32 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)

SEAGATE Ironwolf Pro 4TB: 30 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf Pro 6TB: 30 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf Pro 8TB: 30 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf Pro 10TB: 30 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf Pro 12TB: 32 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf Pro 14TB: 32 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE Ironwolf Pro 16TB: 32 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE IronWolf Pro 18To: 32 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)
SEAGATE IronWolf Pro 20To: 32 dB (seek) / 28 dB (idle average)

This list can be also found on our Zappiti knowledge base.

https://zappiti.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1980669--hdd-recommended-hdd-models-for-zappiti-dv-series

Seagate iron wolf,2tb is champion. The most quiet among the lot, coming in at 19db

Sayonara to the Uber expensive media player from EU.

I was frustrated using the media player for the longest time and gave up eventually.

I read it too. Another player gone

Now left with Zidoo and Dune but the latter has little to nearly no marketing worldwide.

Rebrand/renamed of zappiti