100" TV screen sooner than expected

I think Singapore HDB lifts 85inch already have to remove the TV out of packaging & bring them in bare. The delivery guys must really handle it with care, especially FALD tvs, one hard squeeze in one corner and you will see a pale patch on that corner in black scenes. Kena before.

Well the thing is if TV prices keep getting lower for bigger screens and it goes to a point where say 100 inch LED TV is less than S$5000 in say 6-7 years timeā€¦HDB dwellers are going to be able to afford it, the lifts ainā€™t getting bigger magically in 6-7 years time though.

I think a more convenient solution (at least for apartment dwellers) for TVs to completely replace projectors would be Micro LED modules, like the Samsung THE WALL. We are probably a decade away from that becoming ā€œaffordableā€ for big ass televisions though.

just this partā€¦ not necessary to be that far.
čž¢å¹•ę“·å–ē•«é¢ (301)
when the price in Australia is significantly much $5~6K lesser than what we pay here with the same warranty package of 3yrs minimum, all in.

I donā€™t think they are the same TVs though. Hisense ā€œAustralia Versionā€ models have always cut corners, usually with inferior panels or missing a few key things compared to the US/Global version. I think the one listed in Singapore Hisense for S$12K++ is the ā€˜PROā€™ version.

Hisense and TCL have this issue where they offer cheaper versions of a particular model in different regions.

But i get your point on the higher mark-up for our SG market for electronics.

i respect ur belief that the Aussie version may build with different specs hence lower price to justify the material cost. thatā€™s a common thing that consumers like others would fall to the marketing tactics if they donā€™t look into bigger picture of how sellers would sell their products with different codes and description.

on my side, i believe that either SG or AU version are the same, but priced differently, is due to production and shipping volume for specific market. SG is very very smallā€¦ the first batch would likely be just a 20ft container with just one layer on pallets, or without as 100inch display packaging is kind of too tall to squeeze 2 layers, without palletsā€¦ that would cost higher on shipping than what a bigger Australia can take.
as mentioned, SG is a small market, so as Malaysia and Thailand combined. hence to make a ā€œPROā€ version just for SG market, is not really feasible to component level. just in case u may have missed, U6K comes in ā€œPROā€ and ā€œnon-PROā€ version. where the former is a miniLED, the latter ditches HiSense self-proud VIDDA OS, chuck it with GOOGLE TV OS, sans miniLED. a common tactic uā€™ll see on mobile phones where the ā€œPROsā€ will have bigger ROM or Qualcomm CPU, while standardized models will just have MTK CPUs.

Of course there is a mark-up for Singapore market, esp in the bigger screen sizes & itā€™s exactly for the reasons you said Volume + Import costs, but I donā€™t think in this particular case the massive price difference is just down to that alone. I do believe itā€™s two different tvs with the Singapore one being a pricier model than the ā€œAustralian Versionā€.

And no, I donā€™t think they made a PRO version just for Singapore market :joy:, I think they chose to sell the PRO version here, it probably was made for the US or UK market.

Like I said, this is not the first time Hisense has done this with their ā€œAustralian Versionā€. Have read in forums about Australians complaining about it, there was once the Australian version had a inferior panel and FALD compared to the US version, another time they ditched HDMI 2.1 for Australian Version and the US ones had HDMI 2.1 and all the 2.1 features such as VRR, ALLM etc.

Letā€™s wait and see when the full specs is out for the Australian version, cheers :blush:.

just to show u a bigger pictureā€¦ this is a screen cap from NEA Ticks site showing the true identity of the ā€œPROā€ā€¦
čž¢å¹•ę“·å–ē•«é¢ (304)
ā€¦although size 85" and 100" is yet to be listed.

And of course whether the ā€œPROā€ version ā€œextraā€ features is worth that extra dollars or not is a whole other conversation.

What am I suppose to look for here in the NEA list?

Anyway for what itā€™s worth, here is digital trend talking about this problem that Hisense and TCL have

in the NEA list, that clearly lists 2 55U6K models which i had pointed out.
in Lazada/Shopee and other sales platform, u see that the U7K is sold as ā€œPROā€, but the ā€œPROā€ is not reflected in NEA site. hence, thereā€™s only one range of U7Ks allowed to be sold in SG, that HiSense marketed as ā€œPROā€.

Ah ok ok, but didnā€™t these just launch here in SG, maybe it will be updated soon, like you said there isnā€™t an 85/100 listed in this NEA list, but they are listed in Hisense website, so maybe we have to wait for updated list?

Yeah I saw that too, actually 100 inch is doable if they take it out of the box and tilt the tv portrait orientation, then it should fit inside the HDB lift, the deliver guys should know what they are doing though, will be a tight fit and they need to carry it gently without applying too much pressure to the panel edges.

the availability of 85" is referenced to the info given in Aussie site. 100" on local site is present.

just click the size option, the price will be revised.

looking back at the last U7H series, there could be a possibility of replacement to local market 85U7H which was FALD-Direct LED, to the latest 85U7K"Pro" which is miniLED.

50U6K non-pro Direct LED was introduced back in late June/early July. 55inch a month later.
HiSense starts to take preorders for 55U6K"Pro" miniLED in the middle of July and deliveries roughly started in late July? after Courts updated their site listing with ready stocks?

anywayā€¦ will there be a ā€œnon-PROā€ U7K with GoogleTV OS? my doubt will be there in consideration that there isnā€™t any "E#K"series replacement yet listed in NEA site and the probability of ā€œnon-PROā€ U6K is a substitute to the ā€œE#Kā€ is high.

[quote=ā€œLampsy, post:32, topic:498, full:trueā€]
Yeah I saw that too, actually 100 inch is doable if they take it out of the box and tilt the tv portrait orientation, then it should fit inside the HDB liftā€¦[/quote]

[quote=ā€œEd.YANG, post:11, topic:498, full:trueā€]
čž¢å¹•ę“·å–ē•«é¢ (241)
(capped from TCLā€™s 98C735 product page)[/quote]
yes in portrait-diagonal slot in, but the height of the display, @ presumably 1.4m from one side of the lift door to the internal corner of the diagonal opposite sideā€¦ i donā€™t think would allow the set to fit in smoothly.

capped from HiSense 2nd party sales platformā€¦
čž¢å¹•ę“·å–ē•«é¢ (305)
this is their domestic 100E8K measurement without package. note that the 100E8K come with slim bezel the wraps around the panel, that in thickness add up, may not reach 2cm thick.

somethingā€™s cookinā€™ in XiaoMIā€™s potā€¦

ā€¦to make their non-miniLED 86inch model goes lower than $2K!

XiaoMI flashed their cardsā€¦
and hereā€™s from TCL.
čž¢å¹•ę“·å–ē•«é¢ (306)
ā€¦will TCL still have the capability to capture more trusts with their questionable Warranties and Aftersales Support? or lose XiaoMI where there wasnā€™t much noise made from previous buyers? letā€™s seeā€¦

Is Prism really as bad as some reviews suggest?

Any shared supply chain or even parts with TCL, Hisense or Xiaomi?

I bought a 55 inch for my aunt. She loves it, but the panel is a generation old. Quite dim.

if Prism+ is that bad, wouldnā€™t it make u scratch ur head why bother to setup boutique/showroom in premium rental shopping malls? Prism+ is still made by SkyWorth, so as my daily driver a Panasonic 50HX650 made by SkyWorth as well. well mine is problematic when other devices like 2 discplayers were connected to the TV. and such issue was reported on Prism+ models made in the same period as well. while the problems on mine still persist today, i cant confirm that such problem still continues on new models today.
from another point of view, Prism+ marketing technique pisses some folks off. hence, were those complaints true? further verification is requiredā€¦