100" TV screen sooner than expected

Above is a glimpse of what the future holds for bug TV screen. This is a sample LED panel with FLAD. At US$20K, the price of owning one of these babes is prohibiting but if the R&D continues and with economies of scale attained on the technical know how and manufacturing process, projector may soon be relegated.

Of course, one of the biggest benefits of using a TV panel as opposed to any projector currently available in the market right now is the ability to utilize all the best of HDR technologies has to offer. For instance, a true TV led Dolby Vision as opposed to LLDV processed by the source (bluray or media player) which is often much inferior.

Looking forward to the day that I will ditch my projector for a TV panel. Hopefully the time comes earlier rather than later…from the looks of it, it is not too far out.

1 Like

But there won’t be any AT TV…

Haha…that’s true. You can’t place speakers behind the TV.

I think the day to see affordable 100" or 85" is not far.

Currently, the 75" and 85" FALD LED 2021 panels for Sony and Samsung are at a much more affordable price than in the past few years.

Not to mention brands like hisense too which gives good vfm for 85" and 75" FALD LED panels.

And tv is much more practical for usage and setup for SG context where houses are generally small and difficult to have a dedicated HT room

Actually, center speaker consideration aside, the acoustics is a large factor too,

We all know having a large glass sliding door on one sidewall, or the wall behind MLP is bad for acoustics. Most put a thick curtain over it.

Imagine now the front wall is also 100in or 120in of glass… the front sound stage will be affected by this, even without considering the position of the center speaker…

1 Like

So true…

Both has its strengths and weaknesses. Guess it boils down to what fits the family’s usage requirements / limitations

My guess is many with large tv’s just use built in speakers or sound bars. Full cinema experience is still going to be with a PJ and even AT screen

in local scene, 80+inch makes from one OEM is certainly dropped under $2K benchmark.
while other mainstreams are dropping under $3K mark, China marque side have only 1 hero to go under $2.5K point… that named after the name of ur daily staple of meal. :smile:
anyway, to see close to 100inch, such as 98” makes falling into achievable price point lets say $3000 area, it’ll likely another 2 more years to go. as the size is too big for transport and installation. not to mention, the challeging process if after sales service is required…

XiaoMI’s sneaky launch…
螢幕擷取畫面 (114)
…might give the market a shake for manufacturers on how to price their products of “identically visible” specs such that they could win over the hearts of buyers.
AIWA’s less than $2K price tagging is certainly eye catchy, XiaoMI over $2K price tagging offers more than what meets the eyes.

I queried abt Hisense 98” tv and was told can’t fit hdb lifts… bummer
Guess I’m limited to 85”

majority/typical HDB lift doors are 2m high. reference to the pic below…
螢幕擷取畫面 (241)
(capped from TCL’s 98C735 product page)
…with packaging, the length could easily hit close to 2.2m. even if put diagonally can slot in, the depth of the lift internal would not be able to allow to “tilt” diagonally, that the door would not be able to close.
86inch makes with packaging may fit some lifts. but the percentage is minimal.

have 5 digit number of $$$$$ to splurge on a toy that could last u just a few years, yet getting lots of wows from ur visitors?

yup! LG can grant u such… technological “revolution” soon!
螢幕擷取畫面 (244)

the 97inch make RRP in Australia comes to about 40K, let see how much is LG-SG going to juice off ur wallet? or bank account?

@ $7+++ for 98inch mid range models, either from HiSense or TCL, will be too big an investment that would last for 3yrs usage to most. buying a UST projector with a cheap ALR screen would seems to be a more viable option to most, if their wallets are tight. coming soon from TCL…

…a 98incher from entry level range, TCL "P"series would probably cost less than $5K to own, with stable brightness and resolution as well as HDMI ports more than what UST projector may offer.

unfortunately, even if anybody might interested… 98inch TV package will not fit into typical HDB lifts in new estates… that in maximum, may accommodate 85inch package.

USTPj wins again! :grin:

1 Like

if there’s a budget friendly 98" on the way coming in later dates…

https://kakaku.com/item/K0001553582/
…TCL had recently launched in Japan, a 98" “PREMIUM PRICED” C955 miniLED TV!

unless my eyes is playing tricks on me…

100" miniLED? wow… this is surely a first in SouthEastAsia!

Will this fit inside HDB lift though :grin:?

the most important question I’m expecting was… “is HDB dwelling potential buyer would be willing to squirt $13K on a product that would last till its warranty life? or more feasible to go for a Rollie Sub that may appreciate or keep certain percentage of value?”

anyway, does Dawson Heights have dedicated cargo lift? if it does, this 100inch display could be moved into. otherwise to the rest of HDBs around the island, forget about it, as the 2.5m long package would be stuck @ the lift doors.

Doable if unpacked at ground floor… saw a local Samsung ad on Facebook showing their 98” tv delivery to hdb/condo using lift

1 Like

this could be the re-modeled-number for export.

kind of funny vid on moving up 100" TV up to an apartment without lift!