Zero post accounts will be removed after 30 days

The system will perform an auto-purge on all “zero post” accounts after 30 days as an effort to eradicate spam bots.

2 Likes

30 days kind of too short period, isn’t it? Will an email be sent to account holder to notify of purging?

Yes. This is a Discourse feature. 30 days is default. Have no plans to change. If one is to register and not going to post after a month…I see no point that he will ever be contributing. In the past, there were numerous zero post count members (lurkers) in XP forum, some literally for more than 3 yrs! They will only “surface” from the burrows when there are something beneficial to them - case in point, the distribution of XP Demo Discs in the past. It is precisely this group of people that betrayed my trust by selling it in the gray market w/o my consent and knowledge. Since then, I have decided to stop all Demo disc production. This is one of the reasons why I stick to 30 days…but the **MAIN reason is to stop spambot.**

1 Like

That is…I am pretty busy with college so I haven’t really posted so much as a sentence. So should I at least post one a month?

No need…just 1 post to prevent the account from being purged. That is my understanding from that feature.

1 Like