What ATMOS processor (or AVR) do you use, what channels setup and what did it cost (approx)?

Hmmm…Bro Wiz, your wife seems to dictate your purchase decision in many ways. Either I call that respecting your partner’s opinions or she truly is an audiophil herself? :grin:

Hi bro you are welcome to have a listen at Trinnov alt 16 to determine the difference should there be any to your ears. Just let me know and I’ll be happy to host you. :wink:

1 Like

Amir from ASR haven’t the chance to test out the Trinnov iirc.

The HTP1 from monoprice is excellent piece of equipment for it’s cost. It’s not difficult to use though the UI don’t look sophisticated, but what needs to be there, is there.

I dont take long to have it calibrated and dirac definitely does it’s job.

Since it’s dirac, sound wise needless to say. Just like what you’ve mentioned, it’s the support and warranty. Else I would have bring in to sell already lol

As for the firmware, besides the auro3D speaker assignment, it’s consider stable.

Ya not yet. Am also interested to see what will come out of it. Good or bad, we still listen to the sound produced and not “listening” to data or result…still looking forward though haha

1 Like

Yes…health is more important. Enjoy the fruits of your labor

I can’t agree with you more on this statement. I’m pretty sure Trinnov sound signature will blow my socks off.

Well she is not really an audiophile more of a videophile if anything as she is in TV/Film production vocation.

But when she watching something and the audio drops locking up the processor requiring a full power down of the AV processor to get it back and then have to switch inputs back and forth to get sound again she has some valid opinion for sure. note this is with the processor is full standby mode…not even being actively used for audio processing…so I think its an HDMI processor board issue - but im not the only one with the issue.

So its either drop back to XMC-1 which is only 7.2 and maybe just run the top speakers as parallel to the surrounds or keep it bypassed like have now and only use with streaming where the content has no format changes (this seems to be the issue when advertising gets in the streamed content)

Sadly the XMC-1 has no 4K HDMI support which means PJ use is 1080P still even tho its 4K PK.

Audio and Video quality wise the XMC-2 is great - just the lockups that detract at this time. Software can fix this I’m sure - but when/if it will get fixed is a bigger issue.

sadly some mention of the disaster that is 16ch AV here

Another new contender but looks like its a rebadged of OEM brands like maybe Emo or others based on the look of their amps at least

Yes, it does have some serious computing powers there for Trinnov…I thought Storm Audio also built the same. It doesn’t come as a surprise for an All-In-One power AVP like Trinnov will require plenty of CPU resources to run, especially for so many channels!!! Take MadVR Envy Pro Video Processor, it also sport having a HTPC-like chasis with mobo, CPU and RAM…this is because of the amount of intensive GPU processing that goes on inside to do DTM for 4K HDR content.

Oh…I didn’t know that. That makes sense.

Yes you are right. For every changes made to the freq response, be it one frequency, 0.1db Change, one channel or all channels, Trinnov room optimizer will recalculate all channels simultaneously (using it’s computing power) it’s delay, room acoustics, amplitude, phase, impulse just to name a few, WRT the first Calibration point or rather MLP

In fact it only takes 1 calibration point, and that is the MLP, to be enough for a typical HDB living room. Any other measurement after the first onward will only make reference to the MLP. Unless your room is big, seats like 3 x 3 or 4 rows, or you want to be a little selfish by changing your MLP to another seat without thinking of other audiences, then multipoint measurements are encouraged, else 1 is really enough.

Back to my 1st para, room optimizer is like a mini REW built in which does all the calculation. A single Change to the EQ will result all speakers parameters to be recalculated and therefore you will get your desired sound without the need for recalibration. This explains that kind of computing power needed.

1 Like

Just to share a little bit more. Not sure how big the pic will be shown. The top graph on the room measurement, the middle graph is the end result, the last graph are the filters applied.

As long as something change, all channels responses will be recalculated.

I can explain more from what I know and learnt to whoever interested to drop by :blush:

1 Like

Actually to a person, aka me, that will prefer to configure and forgot and then enjoy, is Trinnov suitable…? :slight_smile:

I would think not only you, but all of us here will like the idea of “configure once and forget”, which is an ideal situation.

Even though I’m dealer for Trinnov, but I will wanna be neutral and fair here. There isn’t really a “configure and forget” optimum scenario for Trinnov nor any other processor out there. Why? Reason is as long as something big changes, a recalibration most likely will need to take place.

My definition of “big” includes but not limited to the following which may or may not differ from others

1. Furnitures
  2. Movable tv consoles
  3. Curtains, especially night curtain
  4. Small TV change to 86" TV
  5. Acoustic panels
  6. Sitting position
  7. Power amps (due to different gains if different brands)
  8. Speakers and
  9. Subwoofers.
    And the list goes on.

Now for a little up selling speech here for Trinnov, or rather which most of the high end processors has and can do are “presets”. So long you can “anticipate” the changes for some of the above mentioned items, like 5, 6, 7, maybe 8 or 9 assuming you will keep those speakers, you can calibrate and store them into the presets. All you need to do is just a press of the User interface buttons, there you go, you will have the kind of sound that you want. Of course 1st time calibration for each preset is consider a painful process to finish, BUT for Trinnov, all it takes is just one calibration point (times the number of total speakers) rather than multipoints.

As per my previous post, 1 MLP calibration point is all it takes. You have the ability to make extremely granular adjustment on the fly with respective to that 1 calibrated point. So if there is no “big” change, you can just do adjustment without the need to recalibrate.

In fact Trinnov Room Optimizer philosophy is under correct rather than “over” correct. This is to maintain the speaker signature and of course how it reacts to the room. So long as there is changes, recommendation for one is to Calibrate it. Who wouldn’t want the best out of their own system… right?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Trinnov’s mantra in calibration is right especially on the part I have bolded.

1 Like

Bro wind, understand there is fan in trinnov altitude 16. Does it run continuously or just kick in once a while?

It runs continuously but you won’t be able to hear the fan spinning.
For your case where your Acurus sits, I’m sure you won’t be able to hear it.

Thanks bro. Will go and check out yours one of the days :grin:

Sure sure. Perhaps next weekend. But I don’t listen really loud​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Quality is more important :laughing: