THX tune up app

Found this by accident. Fantastic mobile mobile app to help with basic video calibration. Best thing it is free.

https://www.thx.com/tune-up-app/

Yes…its been around for some time. There are some basic 4K calibration using simple demo materials to help you set the correct shadow details and contrast (peak).

The colour/tint calibration using phone camera with colour filter is kinda cool.

Just tried this yesterday!! Never knew about it, Thanks Boxerfan88 for sharing!!

Here’s my results before and after the color and tint calibration using the camera red filter… Fwiw…

And the next two, without the settings, see if it is obvious?

A

B

Actually the results are quite subtle to the eye… Even though the setting dial is quite significant for both color and tint, they seem to offset each other slightly…

What do you guys think?

I think I’m slowly working my understanding up to the proper light meter calibration :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

There is a distinct difference in skin tones. Speaking of basic calibration for HDR. Even the Xbox One X and Series X have some calibration patterns for you dial in your HDR image…but I think is geared towards game titles with HDR.

Yes, I think biggest difference is in skin tones…
This is actually SDR content.

Adjusting HDR is :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

My advice is to calibrate for SDR and then select one of the profile (recommended by JVC) for HDR movie. Most important of all, remember to engage the FrameAdapt HDR feature to allow the projector do it magic for scene by scene or frame by frame.

Frame adapt feature is available in the previous range model? Mine not latest NX series :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah. The X7900 with pixel shift 5 right?

One down, the x5900… Actually I haven’t checked if there is updated Firmware :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Good news for Samsung users, there is EZCal now

EZCal promises to automatically perform a full calibration including white balance, gamma, color and grayscale. This eliminates the inconvenience and expense of seeking a “professional” color calibration.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/samsung-ezcal-app-offers-fully-automatic-calibration-ces-2021.3179503/