The Batman (2022)

Looks gritty…I’m vegeance.

Anyone has seen the movie? Just caught it yesterday at GV Yishun…this is the most un-batman-like movie you are going to see. It’s actually a good thing. Take note, this whole movie is very dark with a grim look 90% of the time. Be prepared to get easily dozed off.

Just finished watching The Batman (2022) in 4K with Dolby Atmos mix.The car chase scene between Batman and The Penguin is the highlight of this nearly 3 hrs long movie but it is a demo worthy scene to showcase how good your sound system really are.

For Audio, I will say it has that cinematic wide sound mix that you will appreciate on a big screen in your home theater.

1 Like

As for the video department, this is definitely not the movie to pick for HDR demo as 95% of the movie are dark and with muted palettes. However, it does make for a good movie to test out your display capability to resolve balck levels and shadow details. Do take note, if your display is tuned properly, there are actually tons of details during dark scenes. I would say this is a good torture test for projector since most comes with a max of 150 nits. To compress all those details using dynamic tone mapping to preserve specular highlights and shadow details will pose a real challenge. This will differentiate a good from the mediocre projector and TV display.

Just finished this movie for near 3 hours.
SQ is superb in ATMOS.

Batman in the car chase scene with the Penguin is Explosive AWESOME.
:muscle: Earlier scene Batman punch with chest slam!

Agree wit @desray this show really have the cinematic experience!

1 Like

Black levels very good on the Lg projector with LLDV , dolby vision rulezzzz

Not easy, entire movie is pretty dark….

1 Like

Wow, i just watched this movie on my LG OLED. DV and dolby atmos.

Very well mastered dark scenes. Was blown away with the PQ of the amazing dark scenes of this movie!

Definitely ref material to test a display’s black levels and shadown details. A treat for displays with good blacks and shadow details, esp oleds!

1 Like

MadVR does a great job with this movie on our low nit projectors. I actually watched it on my LG HU810 before I had MadVR and had to turn off Dynamic Tone Mapping to see anything. With MadVR, there are even more details.

2 Likes