Sakra 天龙八部之乔峰传 Donnie Yen Movie

Just finished this movie at Waterway Point Hall 3.
As Donnie yen fan, it’s a must watch. It’s his directed most explosive martial arts movie to date.

Superb mid bass punch fights and surrounds 9\10! :slight_smile:

If you are into 天龙八部 series, the finish move scenes are awesome !!

2 Likes

Nice, I enjoy Donnie yen movies… will watch it

Love the story plot exactly how it goes :clinking_glasses:

Looking forward to part 2!)

Don’t read below until u watch first)

Qiao Feng - Wikipedia.

1 Like

Just watched it today at Punggol shaw cinema

The choreographed fight scenes with Donnie yen and the villain murong was awesome. Nice to watch. All the dragon moves were awesome

Midbass lovers will love the exaggerated mid bass from this Chinese kungfu. It’s one of those movies you put your midbass subs to test. Very intense and punchy midbass

Overall nice storyline , enjoyed it, loved it! Will watch the bluray version again when it’s out

Oh ya and Donnie yen still looks the same, hasn’t aged. Is he on botox ? Another actor, Aaron Kwok also looks so young ! Wonder what’s the secret all look so young

1 Like

Oh ya and now I know which scene!

[center] very very…

…artistic artwork!
pity… only available in Germany… [/center]

1 Like

Unfortunately the movie is mediocre

I’ve watched this on bluray, the soundmix is very very poor… so much distortion on the Atmos mix … I did some further investigation and checked it up…

It turns out……

The original mix is only in Dolby digital, done by MBS Studios… another kiam siap director not willing to spend $ for an Atmos soundmix…

However if you observe the Blu-ray Disc, it shows Atmos , mandarin… where is the Cantonese portion?

A further check on IMDb confirms this to be in dolby digital as well

So question is who on earth upmixed the sound to Atmos ? If it was not done by original MBS studios from HK ?

Observe below, another movie is in Atmos , done by MBS studios, here it is clearly mentioned as Atmos

German 4K release opted DTS-MA for their release

That’s the part I don’t get it, the original soundmix engineers at MBS studios mastered it using the dolby renderer and in Dolby digital format, how are we getting DTS hd Ma formats ? Someone else is re-encoding the sound into other formats and upmixing it…: this process is causing some distortion issues to the original soundmix

If it’s from Germany, prolly they will do an Auro 3D version. I hope…

the only “publisher” that will do Auro3D remastering, would be Turbine Media. no other “publishers” i can recall does that.

These are the types of sound mix that are static . It’s rendered without objects by the original soundmix engineer at MBS studios, yet the user sees Atmos on his AVR and thinks he is getting sound from overhead speakers. In fact there is no native content rendered for overhead speakers.

So if one decides to use dts neural upmixer, or anthem Logic cinema Pro to upmix or dolby prolific upmixer etc etc… that sound they are going to get is not what the original soundmix engineer intended . It is another “special” sound produced by every other brand.

Anthem does the upmixing differently, denon does it differently, storm does it with their own proprietary algorithm and so does trinnov and lyngdorf…

So every home you demo with the upmixer on, will all have a different type of sound … all of which is not what the original soundmix engineer intended

This is not mentioned on the disc… it’s just mentioned as “atmos” … so it would be better if they mention it on the disc…

Like this movie rendered in 7.1.6 or 7.1.4, 5.1.2 or 7.1, last time we see that on disc, 5.1 or 7.1… so we know that from this disc, u r not getting any native content from surround back speakers

And oh yes, fast forward to today, we do have a reference… with the new spatial toolkit test kit… we now know how the movie should sound and what the original soundmix engineer intended using the dolby renderer tool

No escape…immediately one will be able to tell that if the system is tweaked to preference or reference instantly. No more guessing …

This reminds me of 3D content not shot not in native 3D camera but re-mastered by studios to give that half-baked 3D effects.

local version based on HK disc.

Interesting… I wonder who has authored the disc to Atmos sound…

When I last spoke to mbs studio, I understand that some directors don’t have the budget to go with Atmos mix… so they end up opting for the normal Dolby digital due to budget constraints…

But we are seeing disc released in Atmos mix when it was originally mixed in dolby digital 5.1 only…

[quote]
… …However if you observe the Blu-ray Disc, it shows Atmos , mandarin… where is the Cantonese portion? … …[/quote]
German 4K Canto-mixed dubbed in DTS-HQMA

HK-BD only release

US-BD only release

Think the original audio is in mandarin where Chinese actors speaks mandarin and HK actors in cantonese. The full Cantonese audio is dubbed and not natural