PERLISTEN Speakers

Yippee!! Just got my Brand New Perlisten r5m Monitor’s

1 Like

Placed them on my spare Wharfedale Evo Stands…
Toed in, n sealed up the Bass Port with the included “Sponge Port Bungs” (it goes super low without the port bungs!!

If anyone would like to come n have a listen to the Perlisten r5m Monitor’s, just drop me a call or whatsapp at 96660233.
Paired with Nad C658 Pre, n Nad C298 Purifi Eigentakt PowerAmp.
For Music source, i do have my Synology NAS or a Plethora of SACD players…

Just cut and slot a thin piece of wood under the speaker to give it a slight tilt upwards just like the “Perlisten Dedicated Stands” hehehe!! DIY mods…

1 Like

Last night, stayed up till 1am to do a “ShotGun Speaker Wiring” for the Perlisten…
Did a Double Run of the “Xangsane Silver Speaker Cables”
Midnight Silence is just Gr888 to do Wiring!!
Hehehehe!!!

Early Morning Project of using “Wooden Chopping Boards” for the Stands holding up my Perlisten r5m Monitor’s is accomplished. Yippee…The top I changed to the Smaller board… the bottom is the bigger board…

Wow!! Using the “Wooden Board’s” really "Tightens Up Resonances!! Yahoo!!!

Unwanted resonances are gone as the Spikes dig into the Bottom Wooden Board.

Without the “Thicker Wooden Boards” that i installed now, the Wharfedale Stands are definitely not as good as “Atacama Stands” which is really solidly built to prevent unwanted resonances… now with the Wood Board, it keeps it Stiff. Unwanted resonances get absorbed directly into the wood n dissipates evenly.

Are the tubes filled with sand?

No… because the design of the internal columns cant be filled up with anything…

Since I have many speaker stands at home, I decided to use the shortest stand to place the Perlisten r5m on it, plus on the hifi console too…hehehehe!!!

was pretty rusty, the stands, so i got my sandpaper out n sanded away all the rust n sprayed it “Matt Black”
looks gr88888 now!!

Now the “Tweeter Height” is 124cm, up from floor level…

how is the speakers sounds compare to monitor audio? why you have the platinum series dont use and buy this?

There is a very “Stark n Pronounced” difference between the Perlisten r5m Monitor’s and the Monitor Audio Platinum 300 Floorstanders…
The Perlisten is “Invisible” and it’s very “Pin Point” in Focus. Staging of Musical instruments is spacious too…
The Monitor Audio does not share these qualities…

DPC Array is really “Out of this World”…
U gotta hear to believe…

where do you buy the Perlisten? local or oversea directly?
You didnt consider Arendal or Ascendo?