*Official Thread* Zidoo Z9X, Z10 Pro, Z1000 Pro, UHD3000 & Neo S/Alpha

Not really, just that the only option of using Realtek HDR to SDR BT2020 Limited produces suboptimal result. Colors are out of whack.

Bro, you have to make sure your display settings are able to support what you set for your Zidoo.

Sorry for the late reply,ā€¦
Iā€™ve since returned the test unit thus I cannot verify what settings I had used.
Iā€™m still on the fence on getting this, my reservation is on the music player performance, I had wanted something that performs well for both movies and music.

If you want both areas (video & audio) to excel and you are looking at a All-in-One device like a media playerā€¦then I can tell you at present, ONLY Realtek chip - RT1619DR is able to fufill the ā€œmovieā€ portion, for better or worse, you just have to trust it since no other chipset comes even close to be able to do HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision (DV) at this point. Even Dune and the new Zappiti also utilize the same chipset as Zidooā€¦I dunno what else do you expect.

As for the ā€œaudioā€ segment, it is entirely up to you as sound is subjective. AFAIK, Zidoo UHD3000 internal DAC is also considered audiophile grade but to what extent you can hear a difference, no one can answer that, other than yourself after the home trial period.

Hi Desray,

Just to clarify,ā€¦

The desire for a do-it-all Iā€™m sure is a holy grail that many wants. That is a matter of me trying to simplify the multiple sources where I derive my consumption.

Movie wise, the zidoo is good and pretty much acceptable by my quality requirements. So itā€™s not a matter of performance in that sense.

Iā€™m on the fence as in do I just get the zidoo purely for the playback of my movie collection. I will not have any other use for it beyond that.

An alternative is the Xbox Series X. That does have Kodi for playing back my NAS collection + streaming svc such as Netflix etc - thus a better value proposition. I hear quality wise nt too bad based on rave comments from Ron.

Audio wise - zidoo sounds quality is ok but the navigation is horrible rendering it ā€œunusableā€ for my needs. Disclaimer - My personal preference in terms of how I search and organise my music collection. It is probably adequate for many others out these.

After my past weeks of research,ā€¦ conclusion is thereā€™s no one device available at the moment;
Do I buy two devices one for audio and one for movies or just continue with my htpc?
Iā€™ve decided to drop the plans and planning for another bigger project - upgrade the HT room and components;

Will decide on a full in-wall setup and room treatments :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the clarification.

I believe upgrading HT room and components will bring about more tangible benefits which you can see and feel. :slight_smile: Thatā€™s good.

Just curious, what software player are you using on your HTPC? I suppose media player (home cinema) with MadVR plugin, FFDShow filter perhaps? How does software-based HDR doing for you? HTPC allows more freedom and flexibility in the choice of player but the hassles of OS updates etc can be a chore when all we need is just a system that play, stop, repeat.

For audio, have you ever consider an external DAC?

Personally, Iā€™m using Zidoo purely for movie watching while I have a dedicated DAC for audio music.

Iā€™m on KODI v19 on Win10 Home edition;
As my sources are mainly mkv - not DV encoded and the occasional HdR, thus the latest and greatest dun really bothers me. Most of my DV stuff are from streaming svc, Iā€™ve Netflix, Disney+, HBO Go, Prime Video and Apple TV+.

Music player, Iā€™ve bought the lossless playback sw Jriver. Loves the interface, am looking for something that rivals itā€™s functionality.

Iā€™m not too bothered by OS upgrades and patches, partly because Iā€™m from the IT professional line of work. Things hardly fail thus far - Iā€™ve not done any upgrade to the rig for 3yrs :sweat_smile:

I used to have Chord Hugo which I replaced with Bryston DAC1. Iā€™ve since sold that off recently as I searched for the replacement- a little hasty on hind sight. Gone also is a CD transport from Cambridge Audio. :sweat_smile: then again I very rarely touch my physical discs, just too lazy to manually search and retrieve.

Of courseā€¦Kodi. Forget about that. In the past when Iā€™m using HTPC, my era (almost a decade ago) doesnā€™t have Kodi on Win OS yet. Back then, Kodi is more strictly for Android OS rather than Win OS.

Coming from IT line, Iā€™ve to say Iā€™m rather surprised to hear that you are not bothered by the OS updates and patches. But then again, if you do not surf or download and run any files or programs off this HTPC, I guess there is nothing to be too concern about?

And yes, I have guessed that much that you are using JRMC. Not a surprise as Iā€™m also using this to connect to my SMSL M400 DAC to play back my music collection.

The key here is to get the right tool for the right job. Hope you will find your dream All-in-One solution for both your video and audio needs. For me, I prefer to separate video and audio.

Woah maybe something new

Is this an update/upgrade to current NEO model?

This is a new model to the Neo family. Now have Neo X and Neo S.

Zidoo just released another beta v6.3.45 for Z9X

Change logs:

System

1. Optimized the output logic of VS10 engine for some display devices.Solved the black level issue (such as Samsung, Philips)
  2. Fixed the problem that some hard drives are not recognized.
  3. Fixed the problem that some hard drives continue to work occasionally after shutting down.
  4. Fixed the problem that Input Method will be cleared by Clean Up app.
  5. USB audio settings are added into Zidoo Controller app.
  6. Fixed the problem that no sound output occasionally when switching HDMI color gamut.
  7. Added MQA and DTS disc for CD playback.
  8. Optimized the system stability.
  9. Added nl,fr,de,it,ru,hu language for QuickSettings and HT4.0.

Player

1. Added screensaver when the video is paused.
  2. Fixed the problem that forced subtitles do not take effect in certain subtitle languages.
  3. Optimized playback stability.

Poster Wall

1. Added local clear logo picture function (MovieName-clearlogo.png - must be png!)
  2. Optimized the collection export function.
  3. Added manual refresh function on video details interface.
  4. Optimized the display logic of watched movies.
  5. Optimized the acquisition of video resolution tag.
  6. Optimized the character information display function.
  7. Fixed the occasional crash problem when scanning.
  8. Added manual sorting function when entering the collection through the search interface.
  9. Optimized application stability.

Music Player

1. Fixed the problem that the next song cannot be played occasionally when playing CUE songs.
  2. Fixed CUE list parsing.
  3. Fixed the occasional crash problem when loading lyrics.
  4. Optimized the problem that song information cannot be displayed for UPNP play queue on the mobile phone.
  5. Fixed the occasional crash problem when the song queue changes.
  6. Optimized the function of favorite songs.
  7. Fixed the problem that the number of songs in the playlist is incorrect after the device fails.
  8. Optimized the playlist playback function.
  9. Fixed the problem that the song information is not refreshed after rematching in the details interface.
  10. Fixed the problem that the lyrics cannot be displayed normally after rematching in the details interface.
  11. Added the function of skipping albums and files when playing in sequence.
  12. Optimized the song search function.
  13. Adjusted the music search interface and added the category search function.
  14. Optimized the occasional playback freezing problem.
  15. Optimized playback stability.

Z9X
v6.3.45
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.45/Z9X_P_v6.3.45_202110261732_ota-package.zip
MD5: 039C1C5365A80A53E8F4C58E4A4E62B0

v6.3.45_G(Build in google play)
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.45/Z9X_P_v6.3.45_G_202110261901_ota-package.zip
MD5: 1C1A721B0F1704866B052D98BC78396B

Whatā€™s your take on the Neo S Vs the Neo X?

I canā€™t use the bluray menu With z9x, is this an inherent limitation?

New beta just released by Zidoo - v6.3.50

Beta v6.3.50 released for UHD3000 users

This latest beta version (v.6.3.50) is by far the best release to date. It FINALLY fixed the black levels for VS10 engine when playback DV and HDR content. Even the Home Theater App has also fixed most of the wrong info tagging for some of the 4K content.

Well done Zidoo!

https://youtu.be/MrGbvdtw6_M

Zidoo Z10 pro Overview by Techno Dad

Beta v6.3.55 released for Z9X users

Interesting, it added a Digital Signage mode in setting:

New Beta v6.3.60 released for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 users