*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

Hi, what is the situation with the AVM70 and passing HDR 10 or HDR 10+ content through to the projector? All good?

cheers

Yes…all good. Not sure about AVM 90 with the new HDMI 2.1 board though.

2 Likes

So that one you bought with the HDMI 2.0 Bro?

I also see that the Arcam Av40 and Anthem AVM90 has similar HDMI boards, I hope they use the same OEM boards. So I do expect similar usability issues with Anthem AVM processors.

I currently own Arcam AV40 and that also have similar issues. I was thinking to upgrade to AVM90 but looking at the internal architecture, I will wait for some more time to see whether some of the issues that I had encountered with Arcam AV40 doesnt happen in AVM90. Will closely watch out this thread for any updates! Thanks for sharing!

Using AVM 70 here zero issues with your mentioned.
Cheers.

2 Likes

AVM 70 DAC - originally AK4490EQ, newer batch ES9038Q2M (Anthem social media post) or ES9010K2M (picture of internals from user)
AVM 90 DAC - originally AK4499EQ, replaced with ES9038PRO

What problems are you facing on your Arcam AV40?

Possibly because diy fans he threw in the arcam messes up the airflow and hdmi board just decided commit suicide?

3 Likes

Huh??? :astonished: :astonished:

Oh yeah…

Yup. You read right. “Huh???” is an apt response.

HDMI handshake issues for 4k 60hz input. It works sometimes and sometimes doesn’t.

1 Like

Lol, @kaydee6 you funny lah :joy:, I am using the DIY fans well before Anthem AVM 90 comes up with an idea. See AVM90 here, they have added similar fans like what I have implemented in Arcam AV40. Cause Arcam and Anthem has the same HDMI boards. Arcam hangs without the internal fans after 1 hr or so without Aircon. So Anthem would have found this issue during their QA and implemented this as a part of their new design lol.

After I add fans it runs day and night without hanging and perform like Power and recently I bought an Oppo 203 and I am facing this issue since I connected my Oppo to Arcam. But the Oppo 203 works fine directly with the Projector without any issues. My Nvidia Shield TV Pro was working fine with Arcam and now this was also causing the same issue. If I change the input signal to 4k 24hz then no flickering or handshake issue. Something fishy and sent for repair now. Looks like the error flag from Oppo 203 got transferred to Arcam. Not sure what exactly happened.

Nope, dont believe them, They are my kakis and just trying to bully me :rofl: thats not the reason, Fans never cause such issue and I am a hard core electrical and Electronics Engineer and I run them through separate external power source. I can challenge that it will have ZERO negative impact on any electronics device, I encountered this issue after adding an Jailbroken Oppo 203, whereby I had to choose the sound format to sometimes from dolby Atmos to 2 channels and then change back then works fine. This is an issue with Jailbreak Oppo 203 players. I had a non-jailbreak 205 and it never behaved that way.

I’m just curious, why are you playing in 60hz? :thinking:.

1. I would definitely connect the oppo main hdmi out to my projector/TV & secondary hdmi out from oppo to my avr/avp.

2. If I rmb not wrongly that oppo has this issue on the audio playback. Yes you have to set either back to Dolby digital then back to Atmos in oppo. I believe it a well known issue. Even oppo 205 has the same issue.

3. I would never tamper to open up and install something additional on my avr/avp. Even though if I have the experience or knowledge.

Just my 5cents.

3 Likes

The Nvidia Shield is set to Auto and it will change the resolutions automatically to 60hz when there is a youtube videos. Its set to Auto in both Oppo 203 and Nvidia, I prefer it that way cause not all videos are done in 24hz

1. Yes, but the AVP/AVR are designed to receive video audio resources from various sources. I prefer to use AVP cause I use that as single source for all my video devices.

2. No, there are 2 oppo jailbreak devices had this similar issue. one was with our Friend here and another one is my current one both are jailbroken. My Previous Oppo 205 was not jailbreak and it worked flawlessly. If I remember corrrectly, in my Vanilla Oppo 205 i have not even changed it once from dolby atmos to Digital and then back to atmos :slight_smile:

3. Agree, but It doesnt do any harm rather will benefit the device since the day 1 and it was working way better than before adding fans. This HDMI started flickering only when I started using Oppo 203 changing dolby atmos to digital and back to atmos :upside_down_face: Afterwards even while using Nvidia, it creates the same issue. It lookes like Oppo killed my Arcam HDMI board.

1. If it’s make you happy, why not.

2. The same issue be it jailbreak or not jailbreak.

3. oppo too strong for arcam to handle :smirk:

1 Like

Hahha True True, I have sent for repair and lets see what they say, change board or refresh the board.

From what i observed, the products itself don’t have much issues, it mainly cause by users issue… where got people buy new product open up the cover and do something on it, and all this are brand new with warranty covered. Than don’t like sell it to another buyer???.. if people know what you had done who will really buy your items…
Do your thing right in the first place… don’t just blame the product you buy are not good…
These really happen to the person we know…
Buy new subwoofer and replace a driver because the original driver does not perform to his requirements and then go on telling everyone he did something great after changing the driver…

Better back to Anthem discussion…

1 Like