Odd Shape HT build

For safety reason, around the door area, i will prefer to raise 180mm so that it is on the same level as the corridor outside. After 1.5m from the door, i can either go higher or lower.
If possible will prefer staying level except for the 2nd row.
Yes, potentially using the entire platform and the raised 2nd level as a giant bass trap.

The current layout is based on a 160" screen and first row having a 50deg immersive view.

This was my advise, 8 days ago.

Here is grimani’s advice, 5 days ago

:thinking: almost as if he knows we are trying to optimise your room…

Exactly same, speakers down to 100hz

Is he following our thread here? Surely not… can’t be a coincidence right ?

Wait hang on…

He talks about headroom

Sounds familiar ?

Then see what happens when one go full range ?

This is the example of going full range, where you cannot move your Left and right speakers. You are now at the mercy of the room. Means u have to accept whatever null in the room, because you cannot move your speakers and need to maintain that stereo imaging.

Now if you do XO to 100hz, you now let the subwoofers handle the bass, you can remove that problem, let the subwoofers deal with the room modes …

Even before any EQ, you are already winning the war… you have a huge head start here

Hahaa…almost the same. but it make a lot sense. Like the MK video produced > 10 years. 70-80Hz speakers plus lots of sub.

Yeah! My idea also “make it” in his video. hahaa
I asked my architect to lower my HT room by 180mm and I going to raise it back to level and fill it with Rockwool.
On the 2nd row area, it will be raised a total of 350mm from the slab and fill with Rockwool too.
Will it be too much bass trap?

yes your methodology will work very nicely! whats important, is to make sure you use the correct density rockwool. I would suggest you go with 60kg density, this improves air flow resistivity and it is recommended to work effectively as a velocity trap.

Ill share more details with you on what you should further add, we need to add one more layer of "Limp Mass membrane, that will add in pressure absorption, when that happens, you then have very equal absorption across the broadband frequencies