Jag's moving. Sold my flat --> will be out of HT action for a while

Wow! Your living room is very nice ! All white! Beautiful speakers there too

Nicely done, neat and nice

wow very very nicely done. LIKE!

Think this will pass my WAF! hahahaha…

Roughly how much will it cost to do up ceiling like this? My hall is 7m x 4m

Thank you Bros!
My place is approx 3.8x5.3m. It needs 54 panels (6x9 panels) for the whole ceiling. All DIY including installation :sweat_smile:
I didn’t keep track of the cost but the material cost is expected around 1.5k for Ecophon Focus panel, Titch acoustic fabric, and plywood backing/frame. My sweat is priceless :smiley:

1 Like

Ceiling is very tiring… if it’s hanging on the wall not too bad… but ceiling… fuuu

Thumbs up :+1:t2: bro !

Have to be clever a bit otherwise suffering a lot more. :smiley:
All the panels were glued to the ceiling using Maxbond. Use adjustable laundry pole and screw black rubber footer to the plywood (become T shape) to support the panels for gluing. Leave it for few hours/overnight if do in the evening and it will set.

Wow!!! Champion buddy!!

1 Like

Very clever indeed ! The plywood backing works as “pressure membrane” to handle Low frequencies

Got it all nicely done mate !

1 Like

Super good and low cost. Wow

Having a dedicated room for HT or stereo is really a luxury.
Greatest benefit is to be able to use the room more frequently without disturbing the rest of the house. I regularly use my room in the evenings ~10pm - midnight after the kids have gone to bed. Can watch movies at ~ - 25dB range.
The kids naturally love the room. One of the other benefits is when they watch a movie in the room, we have some peace and quiet in the living room haha. Usually weekends.

I’ve come across older EA or Jumbo units that can really support a 4m x 6m dedicated HT, separate living and dining room, and still have 3 full bedrooms…

2 Likes

That is the best :muscle:t2: