Installing dedicated line for hifi/HT

Hi, I am intending to install a dedicated line for my hifi/HT. Is there any electrician that you guys recommend that has experience in doing this specifically for hifi/HT? or just any electrician will do? thanks!

Maybe bro Bryan (@Ronildoq ) can help with some useful advice on this.

Bro
We used the famous Mr Soh in the past : +65 9672 1871
You can give him a call to see if he is still doing this
But you can also ask your LEW to help, and use the thickest cable you can afford, and add at least four power points. Bear in mind if you use the US style plugs, your insurance might not cover it…
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks! I will contact Mr Soh!

hi guys, i was told that it is easier to just use the existing lines (instead of laying a new line) but the elecrrician will just separate (and install circuit breakers) the powerline for hifi from the rest of the power lines used in the house. was quoted $350 for this. can i check if anyone here used this method or has any thoughts about this? thanks!

Yes I used Mr Soh’s services as well. He is not just any electrician, he has the expertise knows the requirements for an audiophile set up.

I also use Frank Ground Loop EMI filter for the set up . It’s worth it IMO, I’ve been enjoying a system with very low noise and zero hum issues for some years now

Device looks like this

I have shared the entire installation process pre and post , in the old forum at xtremeplace . Can’t seem to find that now

1 Like

Here is what it looks after installation of the PE-35 Ground loop Emi filter

There is a nice improvement after you get the dedicated line installed for the HT set up.

One of the biggest benefits with a lowered electrical noise set up is you have an improved “ Dynamic range” with the set up. This allows the user to hear more details in a specific recording at the same time also reveals any flaws in the mastering ( Because it becomes so clear now)

Let’s say your system noise levels are about 30db and your gear has a dynamic range of 130db, your nett effective dynamic range is 100db.

Now if I have noise levels at 0db, with my gear at 120db dynamic range capability, I have a nett of 120db in dynamic range. The latter will sound better without a doubt, because the effective dynamic range is 120db. Compared to the other system that has a gear capable of 130db DR but has more noise at source.

So yes, no doubt, clean electricity high current with lower noise is preferred

But one have to be very careful, some “cleaning”
Devices whilst removes the noise, also takes away the energy. It ends up sounding too clean and lean without any oomph. That is something you don’t want as well

Hi Ronildoq,

So you have a separate DB for your dedicated AV ac line? Am I right?
So do you use special thick cable for your Main db box OUT to AV DB Box IN? Or you just clean up the ac line only from your AV db box OUT onwards (using FRANK & better expensive cables)?

Hope my question is not too confusing.

Hi Lampsy,

Welcome ! Yes I’m using a dedicated breaker for AV line using belden red cables, not really very thick. Belden 83803. I’m not sure what type of sound it imparts because I didn’t get to AB them. I was told to go for this by the experts in this industry

IMG_6415

https://www.belden.com/products/Cable/Electronic-Wire-Cable/Multi-Conductor-Cable/83803

All in out main to dedicated and to sockets are all using this belden cable

I’m also using the Frank 25000 export model, which connects to 2 line arrays using 12x seas L26roy 10”

The main system uses divini cables . This one I did the test and I can confirm divini makes very good quality cables. They are not too expensive too. They have different models so on

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply.

No problem, I was told by some experts that shielding is required also when laying the cables… I didn’t go to that extend…

Does Cryo cables and Cryo MCB/bus bar make any difference? Worth it?

I came across these:
http://sineworld.com/html/bulk_cable/nidas+pc-bc.html

Not sure if there is any benefits with cryo stuff, didn’t go with that

1 Like