Emotiva HT room

Post any latest news to hand for Emotiva.

Anyone interested of sharing shipping costs on Emotiva products from their website?

Seems that buying a single item - shipping costs are pretty high. But when buying more, the shipping costs per item will be lower.

What you getting?

Was thinking about a BasX A5 amp. Looked pretty cheap to play with… lol… :grin:
But shipping charges was almost 30% of the amp. :sweat_smile:

You got try Audio’s Hi-five forum and see if any member wants to join in the order?

Emotiva has their first AVR - MR1. US$1999.

With 11 channels amplifier @ 100W (8 ohms) / 130W (4 ohms) all 11 channels driven!

It says it’s a “Cinema Receiver” rather than an AVR.
I think cause it’s not networked (no WiFi or LAN) - so there’s not network functions like Spotify, Tidal, etc. Even firmware updates is by USB stick.

Use external steamers like atv chromecast firetv all got audio streaming clients and movies tv etc just no app to control the unit

if i didn’t interpret wrongly, the “L” at the end of the model reference could be referred as “LITE”.

as like “LITE” on wallet, due to list price of USD$1.6k,
“LITE” on power, due to lesser amplification channel of 9 vs 11 of “elder brother” MR-1,
“LITE” on inputs?

anyway… KECSound, previously the local agent for Emotiva, seems to be chup-lup oredi…
now who’s handling the brand, i have no idea. but @ $3.2k(assumingly so… local seller tends to juice consumers double on what U.S. price maybe, but less on warranty cost), the MR1L could be a potential competitor to Denon X2800H and Marantz Cinema60?

You have to indent yourself from USA like the old days