Denon Repair - IMS Marketing

Anyone have such similar experience? I sent my Denon receiver for repair since 21 June, then I have to ask in WA my self to check with them the status, only 1 July told me the repair cost and I have replied them to repair. Then I tried to check again the status on 11 July, no pickup and no reply. Then realized they went holidays 10-14 July from FB. Today receive message ask me if I want to repair…speechless. They only have a WA for contact.

Do we have other choice then go back to IMS for repair?

If they are the authorised service center for D&M products, then no choice, we have to put up with their business practice.

Their service centre address is at 60 Marsiling Road, SKM Building, Level 1, Singapore 739107. Is it not possiblefor you to bring the AVR down to their service centre? Did they at any time forbid you to bring the AVR down to their service centre?

My Receiver already with them. They just informed me I can collect tomorrow. Which took almost 1 month to repair.

I remember last time only took less than 2 weeks.

I see…then it is ok lar. All I can say is that the level of service is not up to par with your previous experience. You can feedback to them to improve.

The problem is they only have WA. No feedback contact. No call contact.
I have to make initiative to look for them in WA to ask quote and confirmation of repair. Thats 1 july. Then 17 july they WA me asked again the same thing if I want to repair.

They also have statement if 60 days no collection the item will dispose.

I would suggest when you collect the AVR, speak to them and provide your end user experience. This will certainly help other members here as well. Many of us are using D&M products. If their service standard is really subpar, then your feedback to them is important for them to improve on.

Thanks for bringing this up to everyone’s attention.

I have feedback. They will only use WA as contact. No more call in. The reason of the delay because of Annual Stock take. My advise to the rest is to avoid send for repair in the month of June & July.