Crowsons, bass shakers , hover boss all types of shake

Does your subwoofer amp allow u to choose how steep the filters can go? 1st order… 2nd order so on…

This is the scene I use to dial in the crowsons

Time stamp 2:47 is when u must feel the parts approaching u, then whoosh the seats will move from right to left and it goes past u

At timestamp 2:08, the Atmos will kick in, the bass will move in circular motion. As the pod spins… the crowsons will move in circular motion

This scene has re-directed bass from Atmos

When u set the LPF the purpose is to allow the seat to move left right front back type of effect. That’s the whole idea of the 6db BW filter

I tried a few I settle down with 15hz because I found that to achieve the balance of the whooshing energy, the seats need to move with the energy of the subs. If your chair shakes first, u will lose the inertia / velocity from the subwoofers

Delays wise I settle down with 1ms delay on actuator. That means the subwoofer energy must hit first before the crowsons come in to supplement

If u set 15hz but use 48db octave , steep filter, u cannot get the whooshing past effect. It will pound and go only, very hard to feel the whoosh past u type of bass

Nope. But i hv a minidsp ddrc in the chain. So it allows me to manage the lpf, slope, other filters, house curve etc for the buttkicker

If i dont rem wrongly, my lpf on the ddrc is 20hz for the buttkicker. Cant rem what slope. What would u recommend ah for slope? I go back check

Ahh that’s easier if u r on minidsp, definitely use the BW 6DB OCT curve as shown in above post if u r using minidsp

Try, it’s nice, no turning back…

1 Like

T u. Will check during HT time :slight_smile:

Crowsons via the AVM 90 :smiley:

Anthem Audio lovers | Crowsons via mini dsp running through avm90 | Facebook

2 Likes

Last year decided to replace my dbox actuators to another brand for gaming. Then DIY a platform for the dbox actuator for movies only . Changed couple of seats and decided to use SecretLab Titan as movie seat . Not the best as I running out of idea for a better seat that suit my DIY platform at the moment .

After few months of watching movies ,Dbox is like combination of all shakers and more . It is like massage chair too .

However , I still feel it cannot replace subwoofer bass . Both have their own goods , imho.

4 Likes

Hi Jason, its been a while since your last post here.

I’m glad you like the DBox motion, it definitely adds the “4th dimension” of senses into every game and movie you play and watch. For me, DBox motion is not for me as I want to focus on the movie itself, too much “unexpected” movements, be it small, subtle or big wham is going to “distract” me from watching a movie.

I agreed totally with your statement above. :slight_smile:

Motion seat is addictive in some ways but more suitable if one has a super big screen, or if there is vr movie with motion codes.

Dbox is good for those starwars tv series, or those movies hardly have bass but got the motion codes, though.

1 Like

Nice , do you have pictures of the DIY Platform with the actuators on?

Not sure how to post picture here , lol

If the image you want to post is the typical JPG, PNG, GIF format, then simply drag and drop from your desktop PC or laptop to the post. That’s it.

Ok noted thxs bro.

1 Like

Having experience on aluminium profile, I designed, measured and asked supplier to cut .
Then mount the Dbox actuators as per my racing rig .

5 Likes

Wow… incredible built.

It just follows my built on racing rig but smaller scale :sweat_smile:

In case anyone interested ;

Dbox titles with motion codes can find at dbox site ;

D-BOX Catalogue

You can also order a nice seat from them ;

D-BOX Home Entertainment | Feel It All At Home

1 Like

Very nice ! :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

Thanks but not comfortable at all . Better than using racing seat to watch movies, though :sweat_smile:

Awesome bro, must be 20 years since I saw your anechoic chamber with 7 subwoofers.

2 Likes