BT2020 display/projector

Wow, Samsung laser PJ can reach 106% of BT2020 color gamut! Amazing!!
OLED cannot even cover BT2020 yet…

Samsung vs. LG laser projector

Anyone here using LSP9T? How is it?

I only got one question regarding the so-called 106% of BT2020…Where is the “content” that can fully utilize that? Show me the content and I’m not talking about stock demo reels from Samsung.

Not trying to be a wet blanket here, I don’t see any colorist of any 4K/8K content going to push those BT2020 colorimetry to even 100%, let alone 106%!!! Of course, there is always a possibility that we will see such content in the near future but I will venture to say that it will be few and far between.

Having say that, it always put a smile on my face when manufacturers willing to push the envelope of technology in projection system…but we have to be realistic here…in real time, there is not going to be a dramatic difference between the LG and the Samsung UST projectors mentioned in the post.

My 2 cents worth…

Ha ha, like people buying DAC capable of 32bit 768kSps when majority of the source material is 16/44k1. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is really good that projector capable of full BT2020 is already brought to the market.

It’ll be amazing to view DSLR photos on such a BT2020 projector. I would imagine the colors would look far nicer than on traditional sRGB/BT709 displays.

I suppose nobody here is using the LSP9T.

Well put…