Amplifiers and updates

Any links for the clone units? Or local sellers? @Ronildoq

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.37.17a14d78IAUTFN&id=662513179130&ns=1&abbucket=4&mt=

Approx RMB3999, from China. Good value for money.

I can now recall the type of music we were experiencing with the nuprime in terms of the transientsā€¦ the layers after layers felt like how a chef cuts his onionā€¦

On the nuprime, the layers were as if the chef was cutting onionsā€¦. Tok Tok Tok Tok very fast and evenā€¦. Then as u reach the edges, u have nothing left to cutā€¦. It stops. Same with the sound, it tok tok fast and slowly decays off and dissipatesā€¦ and then u get a nice shape from the cut onions. The precision of the sound is like that tok Tokā€Ed onions :onion:

On the Apollon purifi, it sounded more like me cutting onions :rofl: ā€¦ slow but careful not to cut my handsā€¦ and suddenly realise, I should not do the cutting, so totally stopped cutting the onionsā€¦ so itā€™s more like u hear the layers, but suddenly that layer stops, and the onions u cut, not so precise, some big some smallā€¦ same with the sound, it wasnā€™t as controlled as the Nuprime

With the clone, no onions left to cutā€¦ all cut and used by Nuprime and Apollonā€¦

Very interesting, because nothing changed at all. Speakers location, cable, power cord , MLP, song, processor, nothing changed but they sounded so different. I had no idea what the speakers were capable of if I hadnā€™t tried comparing it with the nuprime

The various choices and different types of music revealed different things too.

It was a very good sessionā€¦ learnt a lot too

Oh no!!
Time to take out all 14 Moduleā€™s of Purifi Eigentakt n replace them with ā€œ14 Nilai Hypex Moduleā€™sā€ in my 2 Nad M28 PowerAmpā€™s!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wish to try the Nilai too

Ya not bad, you can also DIY, a lot more value

Approx usd1k

https://audioxpress.com/news/hypex-presents-new-nilai500-diy-audio-amplifier-module

Wow that signature from the Nuprime amp is ingrained in my memory, I cannot shake it off

Itā€™s very good, those layers ā€¦ Wahā€¦ hard to forget. Still stuck in my head after a few daysā€¦

Itā€™s got that kind of impactā€¦ where it reminds youā€¦ this song is supposed to have these type of layersā€¦

Cham!! Quality good!

Donā€™t demo if no intention to buyā€¦ :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

:rofl:

I think I need to listen to Taylor Swift song. Shake it off !! The faster the betterā€¦

I was one of the participants in the shootout at ronildoq place. Honestly, this was A/B session which I wasnā€™t anticipating much for the Nuprime because the amps we are comparing against are the highly regarded and measured Purifi 1et400a module. In the end, the monoblock nuprime emerged very strongly against the 2 purifi using OPA1612 (taobao clone purifi) and Sonic Imagery 990 (Apollon monoblock) op amp. I would say all have some pros and cons but among the few selected tracks we heard, Nuprime turned out sounding the most musical. Good layering and most enjoyable rhythm that lets the listener tap on the fingers. It has this magical touch to turn a complex track into something very organised, and revealed little things that other amps couldnā€™t. Truly amazing.

2 days later, I took the comparison home by borrowing the nuprime monoblock, the clone purifi, and the untested MCX-4 multi channel amp to my own Perlisten setup to pit for HT. In terms of clarity, nuprime matches up to the purifi. For dynamics, the mcx4 is a clear winner, against the purifi and even against its own big brother monoblock! Very surprising results. We played the quiet place scene , and no surprise here which amp allowed us to hear the ticking of the clock most easily. Its the MCX-4!

Overall, a very good session at Bryanā€™s place. Thanks for being an excellent host as usual. Always so welcoming, so helpful in everything. We should do more of such shoot out !

2 Likes

I was caught out by surprise how an amp is able to provide ā€œcontrolā€. Iā€™ve never experienced this. Itā€™s my first experience with the Nuprime EVo 2, very musical ampā€¦ :muscle:t2:

In my upgrade journey, from power conditioner, to dedicated power supply, to ground boxes, ground emi filter, to amp upgrades etc, this came as a big surprise to me.

Iā€™ve always thought that the sound was already so detailed and clear and clean sounding, with the low room noise levels there isnā€™t much more you can add to the set up. I was initially looking to hear more details as I always do or maybe feel a lot more oomph and energy or better dynamics. But something else happened and This ā€œcontrolledā€ effect never occured to me until we A Bā€™ed the various songs.

Control ? What is there to control you might ask? I honestly have no idea also why it sounded like that. I didnā€™t come across this type of quality, not with the emotiva amps, purifi, hypex, ati amps, benchmark amp, parasound, Rotelā€¦ this is the first time Iā€™m experiencing this on the nuprime

The layers just presents itself, fast transients, one note after another. There were various strumming patterns from the guitar that sounded so controlled, fast and layered with rhythm and such high quality detail Iā€™ve never experienced on the ribbon tweeters. If you thought you are happy with ability to hear the singerā€™s saliva (low noise floor high dynamic range), wait till you hear how the singers saliva can ā€œtarik tarikā€. Damn the saliva sound has rhythm. The ribbons are ideal for very fast transients in the upper bandwidth, the nuprime really transformed the sound we heard from the ribbons. So fast and accurate . The entire presentation transformed . As in how the instruments move, the sound that follows, how it stops, the next one takes over, and whilst taking over, the vocals coming out nicely organised and detailed In the middle.

Sounds like good separation and imaging ? Yes, it is, but also there is more to that, the ā€œcontrolā€ . The timing of the decay with background instruments were superb, gradually rolling off whilst not masking other details that are popping up as it decays off into the backgroundā€¦

What a fantastic experience, the amp is not really all about ā€œLow distortion ā€œ only, as Iā€™ve learnt, there is more to it than meets the eyeā€¦

A matching amp plays a huge role.

If you are into music, using musical type of speakers, then the Nuprime EVo 2 is a must for demo to pair the speakers. Superb when paired with ribbon type of tweetersā€¦ā€¦speakers with very fast transients will benefit greatlyā€¦

1 Like

By the way, if thereā€™s anyone keen to bring home the MCX series to try out, drop me a message at 9092-1582.
In my humble opinion, a very very capable and good priced amp to power your HT setup.

2 Likes