*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

you know where I refer to, lol

Lol, no more XP… hahaha… I guess everyone is so used to it

monoprice HTP-1 is on promotion now, USD3399 now vs. usual price of USD3999, :heart_eyes:

No one is carrying Monoprice locally.

I know, can take the risk directly get from monoprice

I will advise against that especially for a high end AV amp with no local support. But that’s just me.

I agree with Desray. Also without local support, I wonder the firmware update will be prompt and hassle-free.

1 Like

nowadays firmware update is through web or usb

1 Like

Are u considering to import one in? :grinning:

I am aware of how firmware is being updated but what I meant who can support if the something went wrong with the receiver, be it hardware or software.

1 Like

I am very tempted, however, I am also worried about the local support, and would like to see how anthem avr/avp compared to dirac pre/pro first

I hope to get my hands on the new Anthem MRX 1140 by year end provided Anthem sticked to its international delivery date which is from 18 Dec 20 onwards. I will definitely do a review once I get to play with it.

Sadly Anthem website just announced that the release of the new MRX series will be delayed till Jan next year.

AVM70 mid to end of Jan, AVM90 to mid of Feb, and not sure whether the price will be up too, due to AKM fire.

I hope not but I have a feeling that Anthem’s future stock will be somewhat affected. Who knows what’s the production rate like for the first batch. Consider Anthem unlucky to have release their latest models (after 5 years) during the pandemic coupled with the fire at the AKM factory. With the global economy affected by this pandemic, people will hold back their purchases and if I’m Anthem, I will probably not going to ramp up the units and see what the future holds before committing the next move. So yes, price will probably remain the same if the first batch had already being in production and credit secured at the previous lending rate. To increase the price at this juncture will be a risky move.

I hope not too, however, the consumer group Anthem series targeting is different from those who bought D/M AVRs, and even the price remains the same, not sure how much mark up by singapore dealers, let’s see…

We will know soon enough. U seem interested as I am.

sure I’m interested, looking for an AVR to replace my ancient 7009, lol

That my friend will be a “vast improvement”. I’m currently using top of the line Denon X8500H but my positive experience with Anthem ARC Genesis during my brief time with the MRX 1120 (Gen-3) makes me want to “revisit” Anthem MRX Receiver again. :slight_smile:

it will be, but I’m not in a hurry, so far quite enjoy my old 7009, wondering how much improvement Anthem or Arcam can bring…