LG Display (TV/Projector) Owner Thread

The hardware looks the same, xrite meter and there are different versions.

The stock version that is similar to the above, is different in the sense that the version from Amazon , is straight out from factory.

The guys from curtpalme though, recalibrates the stock meter because when they reference it against a reference spectroradiometer, the numbers and readings deviate greatly. They seem to think that, each unit produced by factory deviates in the sense they use a generic factory calibration and there is unit to unit variation. Just like the tv out from factory, some has more blue, some more green…

So they recalibrate the meter to narrow down the errors on the meter itself against a reference meter and have claimed that it narrows the errors to half of what the stock stock OEM version does

Now how true? We don’t know. Because we don’t have a reference spectroradiometer to verify. We can only assume what they claim to be true. They do provide a calibration report though. And a service to recalibrate the meter due to aging issues.

But so far, it does look accurate and nice though. Also I’m not sure how much it deviates from the stock oem factory version from amazon unit by unit. Gotta take a leap of faith there if going with the factory cheaper version . But I think If it’s for use calibrating pc monitors etc, the amazon version will be more than adequate.

Spectracal c6 does the same thing. They are the exact same meter, but referenced against their own high end meter. But that version can only be used with calman and no other software

Speaking of c6, u might want to check with winwin if he is ok to share. He has got the c6 version from spectracal. Then u guys can split the cost . A lot more beneficial because the meter is used probably once or twice to calibrate and stashed away in the store room after that

Another new model…

This look good!

So instead of 2 laser (red and blue) in 810, now using only 1 laser (blue) and the second laser is now replaced with LED to reproduce red and green.

1 Like

I looked into buying it in the US as I am there and it is available. However, the price on the HU810 has dropped to around USD2.2k, so the HU810 is cheaper or about the same price as the HU710. If you look at the projector central reviews of both, the HU810 calibrated is about 500 lumens brighter than the calibrated HU710.

1 Like

I got the Calibrite Display Plus in the end. Figured I could use it to manually calibrate my other TVs

wow petty low price sia.

On Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/LG-HU810PW-CineBeam-Projector-DCI-P3/dp/B08T4BW2CB/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2SNV9WHJFMWM7&keywords=lg+hu810pw&qid=1658843482&sprefix=lg+hu%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-3

1 Like

Amazon.com: LG Electronics CineBeam HU710PW 4K UHD Hybrid Home Cinema Projector with Up to 2000 ANSI Lumens webOS 6.0 with Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Apple TV+, White : Electronics

wow around $3574 SGD with shipping :slight_smile:

LG CineBeam HU710PW 4K UHD Laser Hybrid Projector | The Small and Mighty Projector for ANYWHERE | AVS Forum

1 Like

ya, it should be good. it will work well, it will always be nice once calibrated comparing OOTB settings

Just managed to add this onto my iPhone homekit… so much more convenient

Added the accessory LG Projector

Then turn it on at control centre

Don’t have to keep looking for LG remote, now just turn it on using my HP….

Everything is controlling from iPhone, including AVM90 and Oppo 205….

Did you try Alexa integration? Can set up a routine to turn everything on with one voice command. For those items that are not controlled by Alexa, like Apple TV, or other bluetooth devices, can use Logitech Harmony Hub as an Alexa gateway

1 Like

I didn’t try Alexa. I set up Google home once. Tried it a while, didn’t quite like activating stuff with voice command. Prefer to use HP. My HP is like glued to me…

Sometimes I can’t recall where I put the remote. So now I can activate from mobile, it’s like so nice to have. The rest of the gear turns on by the use of trigger.

Every single thing controlled from my iPhone.

From curtains SwitchBot, to roborock vacuum, to system , routers admin controls , minidsp 2x4hd, Oppo 205, hd fury vroom, anthem AVM90, , ATV4K , casting airplay, Lg OLED, Lg projector… all using iPhone

The only thing I haven’t gotten on the iPhone is the Xbox series x. Not sure how to trigger it on off without the Xbox controller…

I thought got one Xbox app?

It’s useful for my wife. I set up routines for her so in one command the projector screen comes down, projector turns on, avr comes on to correct input, HD Fury is set correctly, and Firestick is activated to Youtube, which is what she usually watches. I find it convenient to just utter a command. For example, telling my Roomba to vacuum just the living room. HD Fury devices, which are a bit complicated through the web interface, respond to IR commands from the Logitech Hub that also links to Alexa or Google Home.

1 Like

To each his own. I found voice command to be most effective when I just want my lights on/off or my air conditioning unit on/off. Nothing too complicated. For more complex one which involves CEC to switch on one appliance in order to activate another one, I’m not so keen. There is too much uncertainty involves for my various components that I rather do it manually. Unlike Bryan who heavily utilise his iPhone to do all his automation. I still stick with remote.

Very helpful there bro. WAF :slight_smile:

Here is one joke on voice command, so funny this video…

Jokes aside, yea there are so many ways to control the equipment, I concur with the use of CEC, it’s quite unstable , hit or miss type. I always switch that off on all the equipment, smooth sailing so far…

So many features nowadays for the consumers

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: